The family members of the citizens within the community space and the EEA can travel without visa on the Romanian territory.
Non-EU / EEA family members must obtain a visa to be allowed to enter Romania, if they do not have a residence permit issued by an EU / EEA state. Under certain conditions, an invitation may be requested from a Romanian citizen or a foreigner with a residence permit issued for Romania.
Non-EU and non-EEA citizens can apply to the Foreigners Authority for family reunification only if they have a temporary residence permit, valid for one year, or long-term or hold an EU Blue Card.
In the case of foreign researchers who come to carry out their scientific activity on the Romanian territory, the residence permit can have less than one year. The request can be made only for the first degree relatives of the citizen.
Documents to be provided:
* Proof of possession of a residence permit and a living space, in accordance with the law
* Proof of monthly income or other means of subsistence
* Medical insurance of the applicant
* Copy of the travel documents of the family members for whom the request is made
* Taxes (120 euros)
* Statement that family members will live with you.