As a citizen of the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland, you are allowed to come to France to look for work as a job seeker. You must complete the formalities with Pôle emploi and receive unemployment benefits, subject to conditions. Pôle emploi and the European network Eures can help you find a job.
You can come to France to look for a job there for a period of 6 months.
Beyond these 6 months, if you have not found a job, you may be forced to leave France unless you can prove:
- that you continue to actively seek employment,
- and that you have a real chance of being hired on short notice (for example, if you have a professional qualification in demand or have a promise of employment).
As soon as you arrive in France, you must register as a job seeker.You must contact the Pôle Emploi agency on which your home depends. If you were receiving unemployment benefits in another European country, you can continue to receive it in France.
Before leaving for France, obtain the U2 portable document (maintenance of rights to unemployment benefits) from the organization paying your unemployment benefits. Provided with this document, you must register as a job seeker with the Pôle Emploi agency on which your home depends.
You must do this within 7 days of the date of your termination of registration as a jobseeker in the country you left.
Your benefits are normally maintained for 3 months (possible extension to a maximum of 6 months), within the limits of the rights that were available to you in the country concerned.
For this you must:
- have been registered as a jobseeker in the European country where you worked,
- and have actively sought a job there for at least 4 weeks after the start of your unemployment (unless you were authorized to leave before the end of this period).
You can consult job offers on the Pôle Emploi website https://candidat.pole-emploi.fr/inscription/preambule
You can file your complaint:
From your Personal Space, section “My exchanges with Pôle emploi”:
- You are registered or you already have a space, access your personal space by indicating your username and password by clicking here
- You have never been registered, you do not yet have a personal space, create one by clicking here
Or during our opening hours, by phone at 3949 (free service + call price) or with an advisor in your branch.
Or by mail, for the attention of the Director of your employment center
For more info :